3.02.2008

Ian S. porteur

I wish this was my bike.

I still have to build the rack, but the majority of the work is done. The build on this bike should be really interesting as well, with mostly nos classic components. Here are a few details I like about this bike:

  • Cable stop off binder bolt: I've done this a few times now and I really like how it works and how clean it makes the cable routing.
  • Modified Pacenti fork crown: This is a great crown, but it's not offered without a caliper brake hole. I filled the hole with brass and filed the area smooth and then brazed on a plate into the underside of the steer tube which has a threaded hole for the fender mount. Clean fender mounting is a must.
Once the rack is done I'll post a few more photos before I send it off to paint.

No comments: