5.03.2008

The marathon continues.

I've lost track, but it has been a non-stop 7 day week for me since late 2007. Don't get me wrong, no one is forcing me to do it, but lets just say my shop pants are looking pretty ragged lately, as are my hands. I'm really happy with the work that is getting done though. It makes all the time spent in the shop worth it. Here's a picture of my latest bike. It is a 50 cm mixte set up to be a capable touring bike when the need arises. I'm in the process of finishing the rear triangle and today made the curvy stays which you can see in the photo. I think they add some nice lines to an otherwise very traditional design. After this it will be bridges and braze-ons and then off to paint.

I'm looking forward to a 2 week trip to Virginia in the beginning of June to the Cirque du Cyclisme and then some bike touring around New England. I'll certainly be ready for it by then.

No comments: